We have always enjoyed drinking wine and when the opportunity arose that enabled us to produce our own wine, it was too good to turn down. We wanted to produce a wine that would be enjoyed and appreciated, with distinct characteristics. There are hundreds of wines from which to choose, so a customer may well ask, “Why should I select Tironui over and above anything else?” Most importantly, you must like it!
We hope the following reasons will tempt you to stop by and try our wines:
- With no more than 4500 bottles being produced every year, you will be one of only a comparatively few people enjoying Tironui.
- All our grapes are from our own vineyard. We do not buy in grapes in bulk.
- Our grapes are barreled in French Oak, which adds to the flavour.
- Malbec is the prominent grape variety in the vast majority of our vintages. Malbec has a softer smoother finish than many red grape varieties and is still a not so common grape variety within New Zealand.
- And of course, we like it and very much hope you will!